Saturday, February 13, 2010

Help Taahir Davey (4 years Old) to get a new kidney

So a young lady came into the shop I work in this morning and told me that I could help her with something. I thought to myself "Well, I'm pretty broke, so I'm not sure I will be of much use to you if its money you need".

But I decided to sit down and listen to what she had to say. She had lots of documents in a beat down looking envelope. I read the first page, which is an official letter from the hospital which serves as proof that the story is indeed  true.

This is the situation she needs assistance with: Her 4 year old son; Taahir Davey was born with a faulty left kidney, the doctors performed several tests and discovered that the left kidney is not performing its functions and will shrink as he grows older. He went for several test and recently it was discovered that the infection that had affected his left kidney has spread to the right kidney as well which was, until this point, doing all the work.

Taahir is currently making use of a dialysis machine in order to take the strain off of the struggling organ.

Fortunately a donor (9 year old girl) was found who is - according to tests - 98.7% compatible.

The transplant will cost R60 000 and is scheduled to take place on the 4th of March. The story was broadcast on a local radio station in Cape Town and have now managed to raise as much as R59 590 and now only require R410 to reach the critical target.

I don't know who might read this but if you feel you can help and would like to get in touch with Quantia Davey (23 year old mother of Taahir Davey) you can on the following numbers:
+27 (0) 73 888 6774
+27 (0) 21 448 8671

I have scanned all the original documents that she brought in with her including the out-patient history card. Which is attached below.

You could also call me if you would like any further information that I may be able to help with.
Email me by clicking here:


Taahir Born: 12/07/2005
First Date of DMSA scan: 12/08/05

Thank you for laying your eyes upon this even if you are unable to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment