Thursday, July 29, 2010

This one's for *St Leon

I’ve just come back from having lunch with Leon. What a treat. Both the company, and the food.



He is such a gem of a person. He is one of those people that re-inforce my belief that the length of time you’ve known someone is not necessarily equivalent to how well you know them and how comfortable you feel around them. I met Leon randomly earlier this year and still happy I gate crashed that gathering of old friends.



He’s the inspiration for me finally clearing the cobwebs that have built up on here. He was “stuck” in Ghana during the world cup and would visit my blog to find snippets of the action of things in Cape Town. They keep him sane I guess.



My biggest apologies for the hectic cob webs. I’ve got a serious Worldcup hangover that has lasted longer than I ever dreamed.


Okay I’m about to totally gush about my awesome friend now. If you’re looking for a knight in shining armour – you may want to read further :)




He’s changed my idea about engineers, they are not boring people and their job certainly isn’t. Well his atleast. He’s unwittingly given me much insight into what he actually does and how intricate his job is. I love it when people who know what they are talking about, talk about it in depth. I’m a sponge I said.



Because he travels often, I don’t get to see him much. But when I do, we go straight back to where we left the bookmark when we last saw each other. It’s a beautiful thing. He tells me about his amazing travel adventures (like his weeklong trip along the Nile)  and his sailing trip to Turkey. Honestly I’m a proper shade of green. The envy.



On his birthday a couple days ago he rounded up his friends and we invaded Dizzy’s in Camps Bay for Karaoke night. Now anyone who has had a mad night out with me would know that I am Karaoke queen. I once fought with a 45 year old woman for the mic. I say she was jealous. I take it seriously you know.



Leon & I took on the crowd wielding our microphones and a killer track. Wonderwall by Oasis. That song evokes so many memories and emotions. If there were a way, I would take it and stuff it into my memory box filled with treasures I’ve discovered or stumbled upon along my path of life. Anything from sea shells to letters I wrote to my friend during math class in grade 9. Pretty neat I’d say.



We got the crowd to sing along. It was a miniature concert I tell you. Legendary if I say so myself.



He’s going to have a “farm in Africa” one day where he is going to retire and create great memories, he’s going to buy it with one of my bra’s I’m going to aurograph it and he’s going to sell in on E-bay for some ridiculous amount. Killer plan.



I’m going to have an Island one day its going to be called St Leon, there are going to be speakers mounted into the trees and as the day turns to night and the rhythm of the day changes so the music will at the same pace. Until we’re jamming to some crazy beats under the stars and moon. There’ll be bonfires everywhere. You can choose whichever one you want to dance around.



What I love most about Leon is his sincerity and ability to let me be myself around him. That’s my definition of a great friend. A person who lets it be easy for me to be me and who finds it easy to be themselves around me.



Keep your eyes on here, I’ll be writing again more often, thanks for giving me that kick my butt needed Leon!


The above image is a bit of an inside joke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment