Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Occasional Loneliness I Feel Is Worth The Personal Growth It Awards...

One thing I can always be thankful that I have learnt from being single is that I know I can be alone. 
 

It is an option.



I don’t need to be someone’s other half in order to be (or feel) whole.

I am whole. Already.


You too are whole. You don’t need me to reach completion.


Personal space is something that plays a pivotal role in the success rate of a relationship. You need to remember that I am me & you are you & there are things that I love & ; enjoy that you don’t. 

There too are things you love & enjoy that I despise.


But you are you and I am me.


We don’t need each other. We want each other. 

Realise the distinction.


I have my faults and I have a right to have them. They are there for a reason.


You have faults and I have a right to feel like they drive me to the brink of madness itself. But they are yours, an undeniable part of your making & they are there for a reason.



Single-hood has taught me so much about myself. Things about myself were uncovered that I myself had never ever thought were there. Ugly things. Ones I would like to, quietly, shove under the proverbial carpet. And; some phenomenal traits that I want to boast. 


I got more than I had bargained for when I took on this path of self-searching & ; discovery.


My journey is by no means over. Utter happiness in a loving relationship is a reality. But for now, until I’m ready to dive, I’m happy on this little pathway. 

Until further notice...

No comments:

Post a Comment